I can’t believe I’ve been blogging for nearly a year! My blog has changed so much already in such a short space of time and I’m so grateful for the love and support that this blogging platform has given me! Anyway, I thought I’d do something a little different today so I decided to do a ‘get to know me better’ kinda post.
As you guys know I absolutely love beauty, food and travel as that’s mostly what write about but recently you’ll have noticed I’m doing a lot more lifestyle and career sort of posts. So anyway, not to confuse you anymore. Here’s 20 facts about myself!
- I was born on 24th May 1994, on the day of the Royal Chelsea Flower Show (but that’s not why my mum called me Chelsea!)
- I have a degree in English Literature and Creative Writing from Aberystwyth University (yep, that’s the name of a small town in Wales. It’s not made up or from Harry Potter)
- My favourite TV programmes growing up were; Friends, Will and Grace, Charmed, Everybody Loves Raymond, Gimme Gimme, Only Fools and Horses, Absolutely Fabulous and The Vicar of Dibley. These programmes inspired my love of sitcom.
- My best friend growing up was called James who I met in the first week of Secondary School and now works as an air steward.
- I’ve wanted to be a comedian since I watched my first ever stand up DVD with my Dad at the tender age of 9. The comedian was called Peter Kay and since then he’s always been my idol. Some people idolise Beyoncé, some people Rihana for me it’s a forty odd year old man from Bolton who likes to impersonate his mum (whose not even Irish)
- I’ve been with my boyfriend, Jake for three years now and we met in university.
- I love absolutely nothing more than watching Disney movies, especially on a rainy day with a cup of tea and some chocolate biscuits.
- My parents separated when I was 7 but remained good friends throughout my growing up.
- I’m very close to my mums mum (my Nan) who is called Alice,I used to call her Nannie Allie and it kind of stuck as a family nickname for her.
- Growing up, I had a pet dog called Ben. My mum named him after the Michael Jackson song.
- I want to travel everywhere! I particularly would like to go to Asia, Austrailia, America, Africa and South America, so basically everywhere!
- I think I get the travel bug from my mum, who worked away for over ten years and travelled practically everywhere.
- I love all animals, hopefully one day I’ll get to volunteer at a animal sanctuary in Asia or Africa when I go travelling.
- As much as I love the gym and keeping fit I always wish I was a lot sportier. Apart from kickboxing on and off in my teen years I didn’t really do sports growing up. I regret this now I’m older.
- If I had to choose one make up product that I couldn’t live without, it would have to be concealer.
- My favourite foods are pizza, Mexican food, Thai food, Chinese food, curry I just love food okay?!
- Reading will always be one of my favourite things to do as a past time. I look books, in fact me and Jake are designing our living room to have three huge bookcases. Now that’s a guy after my heart!
- I’m a major chocoholic, I love chocolate. Although now I’m a bit older I can resist it a bit more!
- One of my favourite childhood holidays was Jamaica with my Mum and Nan. It was just the three of us and we made some beautiful memories that I’ll always cherish
- And finally, my biggest ambition is to have one of my sitcoms produced and to have my own stand up your. I know it’s a random ambition as some girls dream of owning their own salon or something but this is something I dream about and two things I have loved for a very long time.
And there you go! 20 facts about me, I hope this has given you guys more of an idea of who I am as a person and what my blog is about. Until next time!